Search This Blog

Search Engine

Custom Search


What to do with the soiled and broken currency notes?

Can we get full value in return of torned or soiled notes from banks?

KGVI rupee 1 note obverse

Photo Source - By Reserve Bank of India (Scan from the original work) [Public domain or Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons

This notes should be returned to banks.
They will give you full or half value in exchange of the soiled or torn note depending upon the condition of the currency note.
All branches of commercial banks are authorised to adjudicate mutilated banknotes and pay value for these, in terms of the Reserve Bank of India (Note Refund) Rules, 2009

For more information click below source link
Reference - RBI FAQs

No comments: