SOURCE - WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION - COUNTRY OFFICE FOR INDIA
Individual and household protection
1) Wear full sleeves and full-length clothes to cover limbs.
2) Repellents may be applied to exposed skin or to clothing, in strict accordance with label instructions.
3) Insecticide-treated mosquito nets afford good protection for those who sleep during the day (e.g. infants, elderly).
4) Household insecticide aerosol products, mosquito coils or insecticide vaporizers may also reduce biting activity.
5) Household fixtures such as window and door screens and air-conditioning can also reduce biting.